Hi, thanks for taking the time to inquire about submitting music, stories and news to YVYNYL.
The editorial email contact is: email@example.com
If you want to send physical items (vinyl, tapes, books, fancy postcards from far-off places…) in the mail feel free to post to:
+ YVYNYL +
826 S. 48th St. Apt. 2
Philadelphia, PA 19143
I do my best to consider every well-thought out pitch I receive, but please realize that I get a metric ton of email + messages + recommendations + friend requests + tweets etc. Don’t be offended if I am unable to respond.
The easier you make it for me to write a blog post about you or your clients, the more likely I will be to post. Things I strongly encourage your PR to include (in descending order of importance):
- A great, personal story Letters to YVYNYL
- Streamable music is best sent by SoundCloud or Bandcamp
- An offer to exclusively premiere new, unreleased songs or videos - this will probably get you stronger consideration for posting, and I will try to decline if I can’t do it so you can try other publications
- Awesome images that are 600px wide or bigger (a link to where it’s hosted on your server space so I don’t need to re-host is extra plus)
- Sweet new video, preference given to finely-crafted original visual work
- Notable news, pertinent information, release date/label
- Tour dates (especially in PHILLY), but I don’t publish entire tour schedules, so please don’t ask me to.
Please do not:
- Email me the same news more than once or follow up multiple times on the same email. C’mon.
- Ask me for feedback on your music - if I love it, I will post it with glowing commentary
- Message me on multiple social media sites, don’t worry, I got your email
- Send me long, impersonal copy-and-pasted stuff. Seriously, tell me a good story, even if it’s just a one-sentence anecdote.
- Email me entire albums to download. I won’t.
- Email me MP3s as attachments.
- Email me mysterious MediaFire (etc) links with unknown contents/sizes.
- Send me uncompressed WAV or AIFF audio files - MP3 is just fine, thanks.
- Write your press release headlines IN ALL CAPS. Lame.
If you send me full albums for preview, please include specific instructions on which tracks are post-able otherwise I will consider any and all tracks post-able.
Thank you, and godspeed!